Friday, June 10, 2011

Frank

by James von Dielingen

For Show and Tell this morning, I brought my best friend Frank.
My Grandpa had to hitch the trailer just to bring his tank.
He has to stay behind the glass; he’s not like any dog,
And he’s very hard to see through all his respiration fog.
Frank’s in there, really, it’s no fib! He’s actually quite shy.
He breathes a special mixture of phosphorus and lye.
His tank is rather large, you see, it’s ten feet by eleven.
The height is ten again, well actually more like ten foot seven.
At over 10 feet high, Frank only barely has to stoop.
I only let him out at night, or when he has to poop.
For lunch Frank eats raw meat which has sat out and gotten rank.
That’s why I only give him meals inside his smokey tank.
I guess I could remove him from his glassy, foggy home;
But I’ll have to keep him tethered, so he won’t get loose and roam.
Come out, Frankie buddy, it’s time to take a stretch!
Just brace yourself and breathe deeply so you don’t gag and wretch.
Hey guys, wait! Don’t run away! Where’d everybody go?
What good is Show and Tell, if I don’t ever get to show?

No comments:

Post a Comment