Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Whims


by James von Dielingen

More puny humans should bow to my whims
Keep my gut stuffed, fill my cups to their brims
Do all my homework, and shine all my shoes
Put on TV any show that I choose
Fluff up my pillows and sign all my checks
Take out my garbage and shuffle my decks
Ask me quiz questions but try not to stump
I really don’t want to look like a big chump
Play video games the way I want to play
And let me win at least 10 times per day
Tell me my paintings should hang in the Met
And buy every one so I can pay off my debt
Change all the laws so that one large giraffe
Can live in my yard along with my staff
Who’ll answer all mail and keep up with my plans
And autograph pictures for all of my fans
What’s that you say? Not a single fan wrote?
Maybe they’re scared, please, I don’t want to gloat
For my next public appearance they’ll have to sell tickets
Who wants one? …No one?...Only some crickets?...

2 comments: