Friday, December 16, 2011

Oh, The Things I Have Seen

by James von Dielingen


Oh, the things that I've seen that I won't see again
Like a yeti devouring an old yellow hen
Or a shark flying high in the overcast sky
Eating eagles and hawks as they swiftly fly by
Or a small baby scientist mixing his potions
Like explosive formula and teddy bear lotions
Or dancing mosquitoes as big as a bear
With top hats that cover their coarse, prickly hair
Or gators that belch hot lavender flames
And play with Rudolph in his reindeer games
Or pickles that march in military formation
Solving one massive mathematical diff’rential equation
Or talking sombreros with lively debates
About current events and old potentates
Or line dancing pistols with fish in their barrels
Grooving to badly remixed Christmas Carols
I tell you I've seen them, I know how it seems
But they all exist, really, and not in my dreams
They followed me home from the dentist last week
After having to go under so I wouldn’t shriek
What? You think the gas made my mind foggy?
Come to think of it, yes, I did feel somewhat groggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment